We have a network of over 3000 professional translators. Our translators and reviewers have to first pass an entrance test. Later also they are tested and evaluated at regular intervals. These tests are conducted according to ISO quality standards, which we strictly comply with. Our translators and reviewers have a university degree in translation studies or linguistics, which makes them capable of translating texts, also in accordance with ISO 17100. Some of our translators have also successfully passed the German State Examination for Translators or have attended an institute for interpreters. They have at least 3 years of professional experience. Reviewers have more than 5 years of experience. Many of them also have professional experience in a field of expertise (e.g. medical technology, mechanical engineering, IT). To keep our translators up-to-date, both technically and professionally, Skrivanek offers training programs and seminars on new developments and trends. In some countries there is also co-operation between Skrivanek and the chairs of linguistics at the local universities for practical training of future translators and reviewers.
Our translators, interpreters and reviewers meet the following requirements:
- They have a university degree in translation or linguistics.
- They are specialised in specific fields (e.g. marketing, medicine, technology, IT).
- They have at least 3 years of professional experience.
- They are native speakers of the target language.
- They have excellent knowledge of foreign languages and profound knowledge of their native language.
- They work extremely precisely and reliably.
- They can quickly adapt to the language requests and expectations of the client.
- They are experts in using CAT tools (SDL Trados, Across, MemoQ, Transit, etc.).